Friday, February 6, 2009

Getting ready for baby...

So I have been in a whirlwind mood--getting everything ready. I realize that this is a typical expectant mother thing, but with Blake, we didn't do anything... and I do mean ANYTHING. I had him 5 weeks early, so we didn't even have a car seat and matt spent the whole time I was in the hospital shopping for everything we needed. I decided that I was not going to do that this time.

So I have spent the last month washing all of Blake's useable old things (old sounds nasty, but they are still new looking). Connor (the name we are trying out so far) has a closet full of clothes ready for him, and 2 outfits for the hospital... Who knows what he will end up wearing. In addition to nesting, I am also indecisive... LUCKY MATT. His crib is set up and ready for him (or for mama bear, as Blake likes to tuck his bear in at night there). The car seat is ready, and clean (and has curious george in it--again another Blake thing).

All we have to do is paint his room (chocolate brown I think) and we are set! Yesterday I got bored and made these frames for his room... So easy! Took me about 15 minutes a piece. Under $10! I love a good deal!





Sorry about the crappy pics, I tried to fix them, but it didn't work so well. Just know that the colors DO match, and they match the bedding.
Anywho, 34 days and counting.... Wish me luck!
Brooke

3 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

I love that you're nesting. Nice job at being super prepared this time...also...love the name Connor!

Paige said...

Those are really cute...you sure figured out the mod podge stuff. You will have to show me.

Kirsten said...

What a cute idea with the frames. You'll have to post pics of the room when it's all done.