Monday, July 20, 2009

From the mouth of a 3 1/2 year old...


Lately Blake has been coming up with lots of excuses as to why he does things. But my favorite one (okay it is my least favorite because I hear it 10 times a day) is this...

Me: Blake, why did you hit connor?
Blake: Sometimes I do that.

or

Me: Blake, why did you throw that?
Blake: Sometimes little boys do that.

UG! The other day I turned into a monster!

Me: Blake! Why did you do that? AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY "SOMETIMES I DO THAT!"

I really don't wake up and think.... "Hmmm, today I am gonna be a mean monster mommy and scream at my kid." I swear I don't. But lately? It is becoming easier and easier!?!

On the other hand, he has been doing some insanely funny things lately, so I don't stay mad too long. It is too hard to be mad when your son is saying

"Lions, and tigers, and bears... and hippopotamuses (sp?)".

Or singing the ABC's like William Shatner..."A... BC... DEF... G... HI... JK...etc." Breathy spaces in between each break.

I can't wait for Connor to start talking. Then they can talk to each other!

1 comment:

Starr said...

Could your boys be any CUTER! We seriously need to get together. Maybe we should go to target tomorrow by your house!