Friday, November 2, 2007

Our Anniversary



Hello to all! Matt and I have officially been married for five years! Count them! 1-2-3-4-5! I am so glad I married that kid! He had to work all day, so he woke up early and made me breakfast. He doesn't know I took a picture of it. But, it was so sweet. AND--he let me sleep in, so I woke up to this! What a sweet heart.


The fifth year is "wood" as an anniversary gift. We decided to follow traditional gifts for anniversaries, because we can never think of what to get each other. So... I bought Matt a Bonzai Japanese Ficus tree. He is way excited, and he even said we have to go get one of those ugly little pagodas to sit underneath! Dang... that thing is gonna be in my kitchen til the day I die now, right? He designed me these incredible earrings that are yellow sapphires! (Sapphires are my favorite gemstone) and they were in a wood box. True, it is really pushing the "wood" limits, but I won't complain. I will take jewelery over wood any day of the week! Haha!


This weekend we are going to a bed and breakfast in Park City. I will post pics later next week about our "trip".



Blake has been incredibly busy this week. I caught him sweeping the floor in the kitchen the other day. I guess he watched me, and then decided to "help". I also got a great picture of him sweeping. I can't wait to scrapbook it! Notice the incredibly manly pink socks!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Happy late anniversary! I can't believe your wedding was five years ago. You guys were so nice to include me in that, and I had so much fun sitting next to your friend Star (that was her name, right?). She was great! I hope your get-away was fun!