Friday, October 23, 2009

Ahhh, the joys of a boy...

So today I was taking a nap after Matt got home (thanks Matt!) and when I woke up, this is the story I was told... I don't know if this would have happened if I had had girls...



So, Blake had left a rake out in our backyard by the tree. He decided to go and grab it and put it in the garage. Matt figured we don't have a gate leading out of our backyard (we can thank the previous owners of this house for that), and he can't reach the button for the garage door, so he was safe enough.

After 5-6 minutes, he realized that Blake wasn't back inside yet, so he went out back, and saw Blake trying to shove the rake up and over the fence into our neighbors yard.

"Blake!"

"ooohhh---yes?"

"Stop doing that. Put the rake away, and come inside."

"okay daddy"

5-6 more minutes pass and he still isn't inside. So Matt opens up the back door and scans the back yard from right to left. He doesn't see anything until he gets at to 9:00 from where he was standing. He sees a little bum, and that is it.

"Blake!"

"oooohh--yes daddy?"

"What are you doing?"

"going potty"

"we don't go potty outside! It isn't a bathroom."

"sure it is!"

"no, it isn't. come inside."

"I'm not done yet"

He proceeded to finish his bidness.... just a little stream. Pulled up his pants, and came inside.

Now, I for one would never have done that when I was young! Is this just a boy thing?

2 comments:

Seth and Sarah said...

Ha! I'm looking forward to moments like that (I can only this because they haven't actually happened yet.)My nephew once peed down the vent in his room. A pee pee fragrance graced their home whenever the heat came on that winter! ha!

Danae said...

Awesome story! LOL. Can't wait for those years. :)