Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Swimming Lessons

So I am too cheap to pay someone to teach Blake to swim, so for the last few weeks I have been taking him to the Bubble (now the South Davis Recreation Center) and have been trying to get him to get over his fear of water. He and I took lessons together when he was about a year and a half old, and he loved it. But now, it is a pain to get him to go beyond where he can touch the bottom.
Each time we go, he gets a bit more courageous. Maybe by the time he is in college he will be willing to go int the deep end. The major downside of public pools is two-fold: 1) They put SO much chlorine in the pool that I smelled like chemicals for days. 2) Creepy, naked old men in the locker room. If you know what I mean, you know what I mean. If you do not, then you are a very lucky human,

No comments: